Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Served chilled

DSC00063

This was taken during my second trip to Goa in November 2005 when I went for IFFI 2005. I spent the entire week in Panjim, near the place where the festival was going on and never once had the chance to go to the beach. The festival was amazing and I was introduced to a lot of contemporary cinema from across the world, especially from Iran and South America. I decided to go to Goa on the last day, without an idea of whether I would be allowed to be a delegate. I did not tell anybody that I was going and when I did get the delegate pass, I called up my boss to tell him that I would not be coming to the office for the entire week! Now that I look back at it, I think that was the best whimsical decision I ever made.
Anyway, when the festival was coming to a close and I had to get back to Bangalore but I did not want to leave without going to the beach and relaxing for a while. After an entire week of non-stop movie watching, my eyes and head needed a rest and that day sitting at the beach, in that shack, I felt most at peace with myself, a peace that I had not experienced since the time I went to Honnemarudu and a peace that I would not experience till I went to Gokurna. It was at this moment of zen that I took this picture and I think it captures my mood and the atmosphere of the beaches of Goa.

Location: Bagha beach, Goa

No comments: